Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Picnic Themed Baby Shower


rain-shower-party

Another party in my PARTIES PAST series:

SEPTEMBER 2011: CATHY'S BABY SHOWER


clouds-umbrella-party-decor
This is a shower for my sister Cathy, who was pregnant with her first baby - a girl! We went with a literal shower/picnic theme to complement Cathy's gray, pink, & turquoise nursery.

I made white and blue tissue paper "clouds" (tutorial here) and hung an umbrella above the food table, and set out a pink gingham table cloth for our picnic munchies.

picnic-food-showerCheck out our yummy picnic spread!

We had deviled eggs, mini sandwiches, cookies, cheese & crackers, veggies, and a fruit salad.
Drinks were a pink punch and water bottles.

For the plates, cups, and napkins, I used picnic baskets lined with turquoise gingham fabric.

It turned out really cute! Thanks to Stephanie, I didn't have to climb up onto my parents' dining room table in all my 8-month-belly glory to hang up the decorations.

rain-shower-decor

rain-boot-decorations












Here is the entrance table.
It has advice cards for the mom-to-be, a rainboot full of pens,
and a picnic basket to add your completed card.






























I also set up a craft table for the guests to make something for Cathy. I used the same hair clip materials (tutorial here) that I had used earlier this summer for Pia's shower, and also set up a onesie-making station (I got the idea from a 2009 post by Oh Happy Day, that has since been removed, but tutorials are everywhere now!) Sadly, I forgot to take pictures of the completed projects, but they turned out really cute.





1 comment:

  1. Hey! I liked the colors used here for the decoration. My sister is going to have a baby and I was planning to book one of the San Francisco venues for her baby shower. I can use these colors for the decoration. It was great coming across this post right on time.

    ReplyDelete